Every business has a story and ours began with roofing. Our founder worked on roofs for many years before deciding to start a company of his own. With his extensive experience comes a knowledge and work ethic rivaled by none.
We are building relationships with our clients. They know your home is where life happens and should be designed to reflect your lifestyle and enhance the way you live.
Unique Design and build process makes remodeling pleasant and more seamless than you could ever imagine. We help you make educated and wise decisions about how to spend your money.
A residential roof installation is a complex project and also a big and long term investment, because you will probably do it only once in your lifetime if you make an informed choice and choose to spend money on quality instead of making all sorts of compromises that will prove to be even costlier.
It is important to understand the costs of residential roof installations and consult with Parker roofing professionals to identify your best options.
There are different things to expect in terms of Parker roofing costs.
An asphalt shingle roof (which is the most common type of roof) for a 2,000 sq. ft. single-story house (which is the average house size in America) can cost you from $8,000 to $16,000, depending on the type of materials and other project specific variables. In general, that means about $4.00 to $7.00 per sq. ft. This price includes the materials, the old roof removal operations, professional installation of the new roof, disposal fees and permitting fees.
However, the more complex the roof, the higher the price, and this is only one of the factors that influences the costs of a residential roof installation. The actual estimates will vary according to the type of materials and the roofing system you choose, the location of your house as well as the contractor you hire.
Here are a few pricing estimations according to different roofing materials:
- Wood Shingles: $14,000 to $25,000
- Metal roofing (steel or aluminum): $14,000 to $28,500
- Standing Seam: $23,000 to $30,000
- Concrete Tiles: $25,000 to $45,000
- Slate: $25,000 to $55,000
- Clay Tiles: $25,000 to $50,000
- EPDM membrane: $8,000 to $15,500
- TPO or PVC Membrane: $10,000 to $17,000
Just remember that these represent only approximations, based on national average prices. If you want to estimate as accurately as possible the cost of your residential roof installation, you must answer a few basic questions and then you can dive into details specific to your situation:
- What is the roof’s total square footage?
- Where are you located?
- Does the climate in your area raises specific concerns?
- Do you need to replace the roof on your home? On your garage? On your shed?
- What materials are the most suitable to replace your roof?
- Are you on a budget or ready to make an investment for a lifetime?
- Do you plan a partial or full roof replacement?
- Do you prefer a certain style?
- Do you want to upgrade your roof to an eco-friendly level?
- Are you going to hire a roofing company or are you qualified to do the work on your own?
Additionally, like we mentioned before, there are other specific factors that will affect the costs of your Parker roofing project:
- Permitting costs (they depend on where you live)
- The pitch of your roof (flat roofs are cheaper than pitched roofs)
- Existing roof damages (structural damages or vulnerabilities must be fixed before installing a new roof)
- Removal costs
- The number of stories your home has
- Extras (chimneys, skylights, ridge-vents etc.)
If your current roof is old, the cover materials are worn out and have an unsightly appearance, then you have a good reason to replace it. It is recommended to hire the services of a company with experience in roof installation, able to guarantee a work well-done.
Replacing a roof is a safe, long-term investment that may provide you peace of mind for a lifetime. When the new roof is installed by a team of specialists in this industry, you will get long term warranties, as well as increased comfort and safety for your family.
But unlike a crack or a puncture in the floor that you will likely spot immediately, the wear and tear of the roof is not so obvious. For this reason, in order to know when to repair and when to replace the roof, you must keep an eye on it by checking it periodically, especially after the cold season or after storms. Look for the following signs:
- Leaks in the attic – If you check your attic regularly, you will not have unpleasant surprises, but if you ignore it for a longer time, you might discover that water has found its way in, destroying the resistance structure and the insulation, compromising the protection offered by the roof, as well as its integrity. Broken tiles or missing tiles and shingles, torn or destroyed by storms.
- Deformed tiles and shingles looking outdated and curled because of their long exposure to the elements.
- Lack of granules on tiles. When tiles made from certain materials lose their protective granules, the aging process of the roof will be considerably accelerated. After severe storms, check for granules in the gutters and around the house.
- Mold on the ceiling and cracked paint
- Decreased thermal comfort and higher energy bills
In many of these situations, replacements of certain parts are possible. However, if the roof is old, you need to think about replacing it, as repairs will no longer be effective and the discomfort and risks will continue to increase. Also, repairs are almost useless when the roof has a weak or damaged structure. In this case it is necessary to replace it, but not before reinforcing the resistance structure. A roof repair Thornton CO specialist can look at your roof and give you the best options for possible repair or replacement.
If you have decided to buy a new roof, you should consider several important details. First of all, you should look for a supplier able to provide you with a complete system, because this way you can get the best warranties and other significant advantages.
You need quality materials, suitable to ensure protection from local weather. You will also have to pay attention to the design of the roof and materials, if you want to have a unique, beautiful and attractive house.
The price is another detail to keep in mind. The lowest price does not always mean the best deal, just as the highest price does not guarantee that you have purchased a roof suitable for your home. Always consult with a local roofing specialist to get the best advice.
So you’re already trying to sell your home and you’re looking to plan everything as practically and accurately as possible. The main issue is whether you can figure out how to get all your stuff from the old place to the new one. This is a problem that many homeowners face, since the new home might not be immediately available, and they have to store their furniture and belongings somewhere and stay with family (or at a hotel) for a few days or weeks, until everything is sorted out.
Public storage Colorado Springs facilities can be a great advantage if that’s the case. You can use a storage unit to store all your valuables and items, and then get them back and move them into your new place as soon as it becomes available.
Low Cost and Practical Benefits
Even the largest storage units will only cost you a couple of hundred dollars per month at most, and sometimes you don’t even have to use them for a full month. Fortunately, the price is low enough to allow for short notice use, even when you’re dealing with a debilitating issue such as your home going into foreclosure.
Moving to a new place can also cause you a lot of stress about keeping your belongings in an unsafe place. The most practical advantages of self storage units is that they can be built with superior security and technology to keep your items safe from just about anything. Thieves, rain, snow, heat and humidity will all be unable to lay even a finger on your electronics, books, jewelry, furniture and other valuables.
Finally, most public storage Colorado Springs providers can help you choose the best size, and allow you to select from a list of amenities that are ideal for moving house. From climate control to multiple locks and video monitoring, to in-person surveillance methods and smart lighting, you can get a lot that you didn’t even know you’d have access to.
A Greater Degree of Comfort and Convenience
Ideally, you can gain a lot from renting a new storage unit. Most storage companies will accommodate all your needs with ease, providing 24/7 access and the ability to access your storage unit easily with your car. All you’ll have to do is back up into position, open your trunk, and unload or load any specific items that you have to manage.
Selling your home and moving all your items will, therefore, become an extremely convenient process. In fact, if you choose a storage company that also offers full-service storage solutions, you can even have them help you to transport all your furniture and items to and from the storage unit, so you can basically forget about hiring a moving company for the same job.
As experts can tell you, the process will be simple: all you have to do is contact the company when you need to move your stuff, have them arrive with a truck and help you load everything in, then have them take it to the storage facility. Once you’re ready to recover everything, you can ask for their help the same way with a simple phone call.
They worked to meet both our budgetary and design needs. I could be more impressed with their integrity and work ethic.Joseph N. Amundson