If your current roof is old, the cover materials are worn out and have an unsightly appearance, then you have a good reason to replace it. It is recommended to hire the services of a company with experience in roof installation, able to guarantee a work well-done.
Replacing a roof is a safe, long-term investment that may provide you peace of mind for a lifetime. When the new roof is installed by a team of specialists in this industry, you will get long term warranties, as well as increased comfort and safety for your family.
But unlike a crack or a puncture in the floor that you will likely spot immediately, the wear and tear of the roof is not so obvious. For this reason, in order to know when to repair and when to replace the roof, you must keep an eye on it by checking it periodically, especially after the cold season or after storms. Look for the following signs:
- Leaks in the attic – If you check your attic regularly, you will not have unpleasant surprises, but if you ignore it for a longer time, you might discover that water has found its way in, destroying the resistance structure and the insulation, compromising the protection offered by the roof, as well as its integrity. Broken tiles or missing tiles and shingles, torn or destroyed by storms.
- Deformed tiles and shingles looking outdated and curled because of their long exposure to the elements.
- Lack of granules on tiles. When tiles made from certain materials lose their protective granules, the aging process of the roof will be considerably accelerated. After severe storms, check for granules in the gutters and around the house.
- Mold on the ceiling and cracked paint
- Decreased thermal comfort and higher energy bills
In many of these situations, replacements of certain parts are possible. However, if the roof is old, you need to think about replacing it, as repairs will no longer be effective and the discomfort and risks will continue to increase. Also, repairs are almost useless when the roof has a weak or damaged structure. In this case it is necessary to replace it, but not before reinforcing the resistance structure. A roof repair Thornton CO specialist can look at your roof and give you the best options for possible repair or replacement.
If you have decided to buy a new roof, you should consider several important details. First of all, you should look for a supplier able to provide you with a complete system, because this way you can get the best warranties and other significant advantages.
You need quality materials, suitable to ensure protection from local weather. You will also have to pay attention to the design of the roof and materials, if you want to have a unique, beautiful and attractive house.
The price is another detail to keep in mind. The lowest price does not always mean the best deal, just as the highest price does not guarantee that you have purchased a roof suitable for your home. Always consult with a local roofing specialist to get the best advice.